11/10/2006

Inniespeak

"When you are on a journey, it is certainly helpful to know where you are going or at least the general direction in which you are moving, but don't forget: The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That's all there ever is." Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now.

The inner purpose is always revealing itself in new light for me. Sometimes I feel very far away from myself, like a disjointed tangent inside a storybook. I will pick up an old journal from time to time and I'm always amazed at how me I was then, and still am. The things I cherished yesterday were the same as they are today. The things I struggle with are archetypal grooves etched into my soul just for me to triumph over, repeating rhythmically like a piece of music.

The step I'm taking right at this moment is to notice how my outer journey changes, but my inner journey is the most important one and that it is static within my shiny core.

What step are you taking right at this moment? That's all there ever is...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am in the process of uprooting weeds from my heart's garden. they crowd and invade like the kudzu and prevent me from nurturing and tending the shoots and buds of joy, gratitude, and inner peace for future harvesting.
beautiful blog m'dear.

11/10/2006 02:11:00 PM  
Blogger nina beana said...

i'm steppin' headfirst into my doula stuff- lining up my births to attend, taking care of my mamas...and also building my massage "business"- trying to put my heart and soul into each and every massage.

thanks for the important prompt...

11/11/2006 04:50:00 AM  
Blogger a said...

I'm preparing for "Hair" auditions this afternoon - spiritually speaking, that means that I am observing my ego and gently moving it aside so I can approach the project from Center. So I can be of service to the people who join me on this journey, onstage, offstage and in the audience.

Theatre is the sticking-point for me. My ego still loves to dream that it is more important than it is. So it's a constant practice for me to remember what is true in the midst of drama, what was, is and shall remain long after this moment in time.

11/11/2006 11:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home