12/03/2006

Crafting & Catching Up

I've not posted in too long! This week found me crafting up a storm to participate in a little local holiday street fair with some of my mountaingirl tribe, peddling our fused glass and felted wares. I had little time for anything else! Creating during the holidays is especially satisfying to me-making gifts for loved ones isn't something I make a point to do every year, so I'm really HAPPY to be doing it this year! Squishing the hot, soapy water into the smelly sheeps wool and listening to Christmas music-bliss, I tell you.

I want to point you to one of my favorite mamas on the web who interviewed me for her monthly "Mom to Mom" piece this month. Wendy has another post which demands attention from any readers who believe that the choice of co-sleeping should be left up to parents. There is a NY hospital detailed that makes its patients sign an agreement committing them not to co-sleep with their infants and toddlers. It is so disgustingly out of line for any establishment to refuse care to parents who choose to co-sleep. As if it is some kind of crime or secret guilty pleasure to sleep with one's baby! Egad. Please follow Wendy's link to voice your opinion on this matter. As much as I'd like to pretend my choices aren't often in danger, they are. Honestly, what is next?

If you love to laugh your ass off, listen to this. Oh my good heavens, I almost peed a million times. I had to listen twice. If you are a fan of The Office, go NOW.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That interview was lovely. I'm not a mama yet, but reading things like this inspire me and make me think about what sort of mama I will be. Thanks for sharing!

12/04/2006 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger a said...

Ditto what Amy said. Oh darlin', you are so strong and centered in who you are, and becoming a mother has only deepened that in you. I love watching you unfold this way - it is incredibly powerful and inspiring for me as I get ready to dip my toe in the motherhood ocean. (no I'm not pregnant...yet!)
So much love to you! - Mags XOXO

12/04/2006 08:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be clicking over to wendy's site, for sure. that's completely whacked.

anywho, your son is amazingly beautiful- how could you not eat his face 24 hours a day?

12/05/2006 07:05:00 AM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

photos of your darling boy just make me smile. and i keep saying i want to learn how to felt...maybe i can come for a lesson! :)

i am so inspired by the way you stand firm on this earth and say what you believe is true. (and i loved reading the interview...)

12/05/2006 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger changapeluda said...

M.Lighthorse has become seriously handsome!
:0]

And just when I started feeling reluctance about our co-sleeping sity-ation...you gave me encouragment...thank you.

12/06/2006 08:12:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh my! I can see you and B in M! To think that a year ago he was so wee and in my arms! Now, he is such a little man! And so freaking cute! He and Pancakes are going to steal all of the attention at my wedding :)

12/06/2006 10:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home