1/23/2007

Fairy Tale

This entry is for Diane who is the person who fowarded this poem to me. I wanted a record of it here so I can laugh regularly at it and be reminded of her dry wit and voice, which is what rang out when I read it.
Once upon a time in a land far away, a beautiful, independent, self-assured princess happened upon a frog as she sat contemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant meadow near her castle.
The frog hopped into the princess' lap and said: " Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince, until an evil witch cast a spell upon me. One kiss from you, however, and I will turn back into the dapper, young prince that I am and then, my sweet, we can marry and set up housekeeping in your castle with my mother, where you can prepare my meals, clean my clothes, bear my children, and forever feel grateful and happy doing so."
That night, as the princess dined sumptuously on lightly sauteed frog legs seasoned in a white wine and onion cream sauce, she chuckled and thought to herself I don't fuckin think so.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great! Am gonna print it out tomorrow and put it on my inspiration wall above my workspace. Can you tell me who wrote it?

Thanks for sharing, it made my day!

xo Sophie

1/24/2007 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Brilliant - I think that is so flippin funny!

1/25/2007 05:25:00 PM  
Blogger a m y said...

heh. loves it! i want to punch it in the face!

1/25/2007 08:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home